amandaalexandre5

Mommy, am I cult?

A former literary snob making her way back to commercial reads.

The Silver Linings Playbook
Matthew Quick
You Should Pity Us Instead
Amy Gustine

Who Moved My Choose?: An Amazing Way to Deal With Change by Deciding to Let Indecision Into Your Life - Jarod Kintz, Dora J. Arod I bought this book for its title, thinking it was a sattire to business self-help books. But it has nothing to do with it. And I'm not sure I am the person more adequate to rate this book.

There are jokes about penis, but I'm a woman.
There are puns, but as a non-native English speaker, I don't get half of them.
There are references to American culture, and I'm quite oblivious about what things like "Orafoura" mean.
There are "everyday jokes", but, as someone who doesn't share the same lifestyle, I also don't get them.

And a lot of thoughts about clones. Which I understood (Hallelluyah!), but i didn't figure what they were doing in the context of the book.

In resume, this is a collection of puns, anecdotes, or simply witty thoughts. And as any collection of jokes, there is always that "What the hell? I'm abandoning this book!" joke, immediately followed by another that is"LOL I HAVE to keep readig this." So I feel very ambivalent and wouldn't dare give it a bad rating because I know I don't have what it takes for it.