amandaalexandre5

Mommy, am I cult?

A former literary snob making her way back to commercial reads.

The Silver Linings Playbook
Matthew Quick
You Should Pity Us Instead
Amy Gustine

Naked Desire

Naked Desire - Rhyme Devereux Basically, it's a novella about a relationship between a male escort and one of his clients. The guy is an asshole, and rushes to justify this by using his fucked up family background. And because he is so conscious of his "asshole-ness" and its probable causes, you can never tell how much of his "asshole-ness" is a product of his fucked up childhood, and where begins the natural, organic "asshole-ness" that would still be there even if he had a perfect, loving family.

- It has multiple POVs, but I wished the writing style changed from one POV to the other, for the world is perceived differently by each individual;
- The author is very skilled in giving fast flashbacks. They're dynamic, they're fun, they do the job.
- ... But sometimes more details are needed.
- It's very short, but we can still see what each character represents to the other.
- I missed some seduction. The protagonists go straight to action. I wish I could see more flirting, more longing. Anticipation can also be erotic.

AND THERE IS A PLOT TWIST. A GREAT MOTHERFUCKER PLOT TWIST. NOW I HAVE TO READ THE SEQUEL. AND I DON'T HAVE A KINDLE.

WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH MY LIFE?